NEAS priorities approved
North East Ambulance Service has set out its objectives for 2015-16.
The trust board recently approved seven corporate objectives for this financial year as part of its annual plan, which sets into motion the work we need to do for the year ahead.
It also informs staff objectives as part of the performance review process.
The objectives are:
- Develop our workforce with the right mix of skills, clinical enhancement, career progression and recruitment
- Improve staff morale and engagement by delivering a programme of cultural change
- Ensuring we are delivering safe, effective care and a positive patient experience by achieving a successful CQC accreditation
- Develop robust evidence to demonstrate the benefits of integrating our care and transport services ahead of a full roll out of a single operational model
- To provides quicker access to business intelligence that will improve performance with more effective and responsive Information Technology
- To ensure a more sustainable future for the Trust with increased funding that recognises the financial benefits to the wider NHS from our reducing the number of people transported to hospital
- To achieve recurrent saving targets through transformation, waste reduction and lean methodology
Ashley Winter, Chairman, said: “We have a fantastic workforce who, quite rightly, take pride in the brilliant job they do.
“Our corporate objectives reaffirm our commitment to those staff members to make NEAS a great place to work as well as ensuring that the trust remains sustainable for future years to enable us to do what we do best, caring for patients in the North East.”