A four-year-old who called 999 after her mum suffered a severe allergic reaction has made national news after being rewarded for her bravery.
Superstar Suzie McCash, who wants to be a paramedic when she grows up, called 999 after her mum Rowena collapsed at their home in Tynemouth on 26 October.
North East Ambulance Service paramedic Jamie Frend was first on scene, and was immediately confronted by Suzie, who was able to provide him with a professional handover explaining what was wrong
Suzie’s 999 call has now earnt her stardom, with her story making the national news after being reunited with Jamie and the police call operator.
Rowena, who is a local GP, said: “I have bad allergies, I’ve had them for a long time, but our home is normally a safe space.
“That evening I started to feel really dizzy and unwell and I don’t know that much about what happened after that. Suzie tells me I fell on the floor and wouldn’t get up again.”
Jamie said: “When I got there, Suzie made a beeline for me and gave me one of the most professional handovers I’ve ever had.
“She informed me that mum had had a reaction to something, that she had taken her medication twice but that it hadn’t worked and told me how mum was presenting before and during the 999 call, which all built up a nice picture for me.
“She was very calm and level headed about it all. For a four-and-a-half year old girl, she blew me away.
“Suzie’s handover meant I was able to give the correct treatment straight away. It was time critical and in my eyes little Suzie certainly contributed to saving her mum’s life.
“She’s clearly been well schooled in what to do, she was an absolute star.”